Wednesday 25 November 2009

All is quiet




















Good evening fellow bloggertrons


Sorry about the small pics on the last post, I forgot to change the settings so I've uploaded the swim sketch again so you can actually see it.


























All is quiet on the carp front, unfortunately predictable but Rome wasn't built in a day, as they say. The quiet south arm is now less quiet, there's probably 8 or 10 anglers here now but on the positive side, there has been three fish caught by some German anglers, only small stuff but fish at least. One or two that have moved down to the south arm this last couple of days have spent a week in the north arm where they've had nothing so it seems at the moment that there isn't a lot of fish on the feed.


The levels in the lake are coming up slowly, about an inch per day for now but when we do get some rain closer by, hopefully that amount should go up considerably. The weather at the moment is very settled, its short sleeve stuff during the days, today was 19 c and sunny, as have been most days since we set up so if things don't change in the next few days I'll be getting snake hips Jones to do a rain dance around the swim - not the prettiest sight in the world but if rain is required I'll have a go at anything.


Rig Things



























For now there's not much out of the ordinary with our end tackle but I'll run you through whats what. The Poison Dwarf is using 15lb mainline with 3ft of leadcore, a 12" ish coated hooklink, 4 or 5oz lead and a size 4 Drennan continental hook - we both use the same hooks, no better hook in our opinion.



I'm using pretty much the same but I've got a few more snags in front of me in the shape of tree stumps, so after loosing a few bits of end tackle I'm floating my lines out with the aid of a bit of cork with some tubing through it - keeps the line away from the nasty's down there. End tackle lying on the bottom of lakes anywhere is never a good thing and if it can be avoided, it should be, and seen as I'm a tight Northerner it helps with the budget also.



See you soon

1 comment:

  1. Boys this is going to kill me all bloody winter wishing I was there!

    ReplyDelete